Today we’re not only discussing the main differences between advertising and marketing but we will clarify in details when and how to take advantage of the benefits of marketing and advertising for your improving your business branding process, reaching the desired level of positive awareness, driving more sales and increasing the actual return on investment “ROI”.
Advertising and marketing share the same goal to reach the desired exposure and awareness among the targeted audience of current and potential customers to encourage them to choose your business over the many alternative products or services available in targeted markets.
Advertising vs. Marketing: What’s the difference?
“Advertising vs. Marketing” is a continuous debate and a question with many answers but the clear agreed answer is that advertising is a necessary component of your business marketing strategy that covers other integrated techniques and activities to drive the desired results of your business marketing campaigns including:
- Market Researches
- Brand Development
- Content Marketing
- Events & Tradeshows
- Public Relations
- Sales Presentations
- Community Management
- Media Planning & Buying
Different types of advertisements either digital advertisements or traditional offline ads share the same purpose to spread the word about your business or promoted product and services among the targeted audience of potential, current, and previous customers and build a positive positioning “impression” about your brand to encourage them to move steps further into your sales funnel “Leads –> Prospects –> Customers –> Loyal Customers”.
Customized advertising campaigns should be based on the data generated from market researches and detailed business and marketing analysis to connect the competitive advantages of your business offerings to the needs of the targeted audience of current and potential customers to drive the desired type of engagement and conversions.
Marketing is a long-term business strategy concerned about driving a substantial consistent return on investment “ROI” through developing customized marketing strategies and campaigns to grow your business audience on chosen suitable marketing channels either offline channels like branding or marketing events and campaigns or digital marketing campaigns including:
- Social media marketing campaigns
- Search engines organic marketing activities
- Email marketing campaigns and newsletters
- Business websites
- E-commerce platforms
- Mobile marketing solutions “Business mobile apps – SMS marketing campaigns”
- Diversified content marketing campaigns
- Media production options and solutions
The goal of effective marketing strategies and campaigns is generating the best possible impression from exceptional customer experience across all channels and communication options while the goal of customized advertising campaigns is to turn this positive impression to more sales and actual acceptable return.
Benefits of Advertising & Marketing Integration
Whether you’re an owner of a small business, a junior entrepreneur with limited budget or marketing and advertising campaigns or a marketing executive in a reputable brand with a flexible budget, there’re definite procedures to develop your overall business marketing strategy.
One of the common mistakes among small, midsize and sometimes famous brands is to create and launch many advertisements through different mediums or channels without any prior market researches, detailed analysis of promoted products or services and the characteristics, needs & interests of the targeted audience of your business ads.
The priority when developing your business marketing strategy is to define the main 4P’s related to your business marketing and advertising strategy which are:
Defining the needs, interests, and goals of potential customers and defining the competitive advantages of your business available products or services related to fulfilling these needs and desires.
Determining the suitable cost or fees of promoted products or services suitable for the financial status of potential customers, allocated budget for marketing and advertising activities and the expected acceptable return on investment.
Defining the suitable markets to target, suitable marketing channels to reach your targeted audience and the effective mediums “offline or online or both” to drive the desired goals and results.
Defining suitable periods and channels to launch tailored paid advertising campaigns, the advertising messages of each campaign, suitable types of advertisements, the desired types of engagement and conversion and the expected acceptable return on advertising costs.
Integrating planned paid advertising campaigns into your business marketing strategy will lead to achieving many business goals including but not limited to:
- Reaching the desired level of positive awareness and profitable awareness in targeted markets among potential customers
- Highlighting the competitive advantages and professional customer experience when choosing your business over competitors
- Building positive brand recognition through effective advertising-related branding solutions
- Driving the desired type and number of conversions “complete Products’ purchases – services’ subscriptions & renewals”
- Improving the customer retention rate through customized retargeting ads generating more cross-selling & upselling opportunities
- Achieve the expected return on investment at least through engaging conversion-optimized content marketing campaigns and paid ads
- Generating many chances for business expansion to new markets through detailed targeting options in digital marketing channels
Why you should hire a Full-Service marketing agency?
An experienced full-service marketing agency will be able to perform the role of a professional advertising agency, equipped media production company and a creative branding agency to guide your business success journey with customized integrated marketing strategies, solutions and efficient planned paid advertising campaigns.
Having an internal marketing team will not be sufficient to perform all the duties and responsibilities related to your business marketing and advertising campaigns especially when you’re targeting new markets or invading many offline or online channels with no prior experience possessed by your team in critical aspects like performing market researches or handling media planning and buying on chosen channels procedures or the production of specific type of advertisements like print ads.
Hiring a professional full-service marketing agency with extensive expertise in planning, launching, managing and improving integrated marketing and advertising campaigns will create a competitive advantage for your business within the competition as your time and efforts will be devoted to other business operation while you’re reaching the desired exposure and driving more desired conversions “ex: more sales” and achieving the expected return through planned customized integrated marketing and advertising campaigns.
The chosen marketing agency will take over many aspects and duties to guide your business towards achieving the predetermined business goals including:
- Performing detailed market researches and business analysis to figure out what, how and when to improve your business current position within the competition
- Developing your business marketing strategy (The targeted audience of the campaigns – the suitable channels & mediums to reach targeted audience – the suitable percentage of organic content marketing campaigns, marketing events and paid advertising campaigns – The suitable types of content and advertisements to produce – The perfect timing to launch, improve and evaluate your business campaigns – the suitable metrics to evaluate performance)
- Producing the defined types of content for your content marketing campaigns and advertisements (Designs & Illustrations – Blog Articles – Scripts – Social Media Content – Landing Pages Content – Motion Graphics Videos – HD & Ultra Quality Videos)
- Handling media planning and buying procedures and negotiations
- Launching paid advertising campaigns on agreed schedules including (TV & Radio ads – Newspapers & Magazines ads – Outdoor Billboards – Search Engine ads – YouTube ads – Social Media ads)
- Performing event planning and management duties for your business branding and marketing events
- Evaluating the overall performance of your campaigns and comparing to desired results
- Planning future marketing and advertising campaign based on the achieved results while avoiding current mistakes
It’s not a competition between advertising and marketing but it’s about choosing the suitable choice for your business in each phase to avoid wasting allocated budget on unsuitable choice.
Contact us today to plan your business integrated marketing & advertising campaigns