Social media is that diverse online communications channels and platforms that are dedicated to community-based input, interaction, content sharing, and collaboration and that’s why social media marketing is a valid choice for small and large businesses.
Websites and applications dedicated to forums, micro-blogging, social networking, social bookmarking and social activities are among the various kinds of social media.
The benefits of social media marketing for your business
Social media helps get the word out about your business’ services, products to new markets and territories regionally and internationally with fewer efforts used in regular marketing.
Social media marketing is cost-effective
Take advantage of the low-cost advertising features offered by the social networks to promote your content and special offers to protect your organic content from getting lost in the shuffle to eventually deliver your message about your business.
Social media reaches all different demographics
Social media help businesses and communities to target specific demographics through social or marketing campaigns and activities as it reaches all kind of ages and demographics all over the world who are active across different social media channels and platforms.
Social media encourages two-way communication
Social media gives you the power to learn more about your audience, their interests, and collect feedback, through its free insights for every single activity happens on your platform.
Active social media users are your business potential customers
One thing you have to know about social media users is that when they say they are on social media, they are really on social media, different case studies showed up that average time social media users spend on checking their profiles and home feeds start from 20 to 30 minutes at least.
Discovering offers and learn about your products and services is what they can do in their activity on social media.
Social media is perfect for customer care
Social media has completely changed the game when it comes to how small businesses think of communicating with their customers.
Sharing communication option across your social networks can help your engagement and communication with current and potential customers to improve customers care and loyalty.
Should I be active on Social Media?
One of the biggest mistakes retailers make is to open up accounts on every social media platform they think it is relevant and then leave them alone with no activity at all. Having an account with any of the social media platforms does not mean your business is into social media.
Social media users get turned off by the retailer who opens accounts and does not engage with clients and the public and consequently become labeled a pretender, so eventually, you will lose your online presence value.
Should I Make social media All About me?
Another social media marketing mistake to do is to use social media to talk about how important your business is to you, rather than talking about how important it is to the customer and why they should obtain your products. However, if that is the only reason you are getting involved in social media it will not be beneficial.
Your goal should be to provide content that is more relevant to your customer and engage with them in a way that directs them to the point they want to share your posts with others.
Social Media Visual Content
The most commonly engaging shared-content on social media is visual content (images – designs – illustrations – videos). So always include catchy relative designs with your posts, and this will absolutely increase your chances that one or more of your followers will share the post with their network.
This is the new form of “word of mouth” and it is what people mean when they say a post went “viral.
Social Media channels and platforms
- Facebook is a popular free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos, and video, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family, and colleagues.
- Twitter is a free micro-blogging service that allows broadcasting short posts called tweets.
- Google+ (pronounced Google plus) is Google’s social networking project, designed to replicate the way people interact offline more closely than is the case in other social networking services. The project’s slogan is “Real-life sharing rethought for the web.”
- LinkedIn is a social networking site designed specifically for the business community. The goal of the site is to allow registered members to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally.
- Instagram is a social network that focuses on visual content (images – videos) shared by users to their followers’ community of friends, colleagues and other users
- Pinterest is a social curation website for sharing and categorizing images found online. Pinterest requires brief descriptions but the main focus of the site is visual.
We are available to answer any related questions and provide advice on how to get started on social media management for your business.
Contact Sendian Creations today and see how we can help