The main focus of social media marketing campaigns through the previous decade was about using Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter but currently, there are more options for social media marketing using more engaging platforms like Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat.
The main advantage of many social media channels existing is that you can target your audience whatever their demographics or interests are because the majority of humans are active on social media but you have to choose suitable social media channels to launch successful social media marketing campaigns for your business.
Pinterest is an effective social media marketing channels with more than 300,000,000 active users monthly including more than 500,000 business accounts taking advantage of endless marketing opportunities available on Pinterest.
Why you should use Pinterest for marketing?
Have you ever thought about to launch your business digital marketing campaigns on Pinterest?!
It’s the perfect time to do that for many reasons:
- Pinterest marketing can achieve many marketing goals (Increasing brand awareness – Generating traffic to your business websites – Generating more leads – Increasing sales volume)
- 78 percent of Pinterest users say that content from a business account has helped them make better purchasing decisions
- Pinterest is the source of 52% of social media sales as it generates referral traffic to websites plus buyable pins (effective e-commerce option)
- 87 percent of Pinterest user say they purchased a product or service they didn’t know about previously after seeing it on Pinterest
- More engaging social media platform with active users contributing and engaging with published content and business advertising campaigns
Whether you’re aiming to increase awareness about your business, increasing potential customers’ engagement with your brand or increasing sales and revenues, Pinterest is an effective suitable platform for these types of business marketing goals.
Your Pinterest business account is a potential key player for your business marketing success only if you take advantage of the platform competitive advantages wisely.
Pinterest for business marketing campaign steps
We will discuss in the following sections of this article everything related to how to optimize your business presence on Pinterest starting from how to create your business account to how to launch successful marketing campaigns on Pinterest.
Establish your Pinterest marketing strategy
It’s an obvious social media marketing mistake to start a marketing campaign on any social media platform without defining a clear strategy that takes care of many aspects including:
- Defining desired business goals out of Pinterest marketing campaigns
- Defining the targeted audience demographics and interests and if they’re active on Pinterest or not
- Searching with targeted keywords and related topics to your business to define the popularity and engagement level from Pinterest active users
- Defining the ability to create suitable interesting content for the platform and targeted audience interests
- Deciding if Pinterest advertising solutions are suitable for your business regarding the cost compared to the expected ROI
Active users on Pinterest are mainly female but the male audience percentage is increasing over the years with interest in many categories including:
- Food & Drinks
- DIY (Do it Yourself) Crafts
- Art & Design
- Movies & Music
- Health & Fitness
Regardless of your business nature, you can use Pinterest in your marketing campaigns if your targeted potential customers are active on Pinterest and you’re able to create interesting valuable visual content to enrich your business account plus launching successful advertising campaigns.
The first step for this journey is to create a business account which guarantees access to more features than regular accounts including analytics and advertising solutions.
We will guide you step by step starting by creating a business account steps till evaluating your business performance with insights and analytics.
Create a business account
We have agreed that it all starts with creating a Pinterest business account and to do that follow the mentioned steps:
- Add your account details (Email – Password – Business Name – Business Type – Business Website URL)
- Upload your business logo as the profile picture
- Choose your account URL using your business name
- Write a detailed description of your business using some of the targeted keywords
- Claim your website to be able to track content that gets pinned from your website and boost your pins ranking in search results plus your logo will be added to all content pinned from your website
- Add Pinterest Tag to your website to track visitors’ behavior referred from Pinterest Ads to optimize your landing pages and future advertising campaigns
- Install “Pinterest Save Button” extension for your favorite browser to be able to pin any online content to your business account within 2 clicks
Once it’s all completed and confirmed, you’re are ready to go further by creating boards and pins to turn your business account to an interesting valuable destination for targeted active users.
Create boards & publish pins
Pinterest boards are sort of categorization option to organize your business account and dividing it to categories of related content topics (pins).
Create your account boards related to your business solutions and targeted audience interests (50% – 50%) to guarantee more engagement for published and shared content.
To create a Pinterest board, you should:
- Add a descriptive name for the board (content category)
- Add a detailed description for the board using targeted keywords up to 500 characters but stick to 2 lines maximum
- Choose a relevant category for the board from available categories
- Add a customized suitable cover for the board to provide an appealing appearance for your account
- Choose the board visibility (Public – Secret)
- Choose if you want suggested related pins to your board content to appear in your home feed or not
- Choose if it’s an open (group) board or not and that enable invited users to contribute to the board content
Once you have created your account boards, you should now add and save pins to suitable boards.
Pins are the main type of Pinterest content with different types of pins available on the platform (regular pins – rich pins – buyable pins).
To create a pin and add it to your boards you should click the “+” button then:
- Add the pin title
- Upload high-resolution visual content (images – videos) up to 32MB in size
- Add the pin the description up to 300 characters
- Add the destination link to related landing pages on your website
A Pinterest pin generates at least 2 visits to the source website and 6 page views and get repined 10 times on average.
Creating and saving pins is not your only duty as you should focus on increasing reach and engagement with your business account and published content and that is what we will discuss in the following section of this article.
Increase the account reach & engagement
The main focus on this phase is to get your pins viewed and increase engagement with your business account and that can be easily achieved by performing the following tips:
- Share your Pinterest business account on your business other marketing platforms (website – social media channels – email newsletter)
- Choose the optimal timing for publishing and saving pins based on your targeted audience activity insights
- Optimize the pin title, description and image names for search engines using targeted keywords
- Add a call-to-action (CTA) to your pin description to encourage completing desired conversions
- Use images and videos with high-resolution and brighter colors
- Publish and save interesting valuable pins consistently throughout the day not just within few minutes by scheduling pins using Tailwind
- Create secret boards to save interesting pins then save them to live public board on optimal suitable times
- Address the engaged users personally and professionally and answer all inquiries on comments
- Follow and engage with popular accounts and boards to learn from their experience and to save related valuable pins to your boards
- Use group (open) boards to encourage other accounts and followers to contribute to your boards content by user-generated content with granted authority over the board name and description
- Communicate with Pinterest influencers to engage with your account content and contribute to your group boards
- Mix your account content using blog posts, quotes, products’ pins, infographics, industry tips, how-to video tutorials
- Publish and save pins with content related to seasons and current trending events
- Embed pins into your blog posts to increase reach and engagement
- Add “Pinterest Save Button” to your website to enable visitors to save your content to their Pinterest accounts
- Move the most popular and engaged boards to the top of the account
You’ll notice increased reach and engagement to desired levels when applying all of the mentioned tips or just the suitable ones for your business nature and your marketing team skills and experience.
Take advantage of Rich & Buyable Pins
Rich pins are an effective advantage of using Pinterest for your business marketing campaigns as they provide the ability to show extra valuable real-time information on a pin to increase engagement and drive desired conversions form published content.
Rich Pins types are:
- Product Pins: This type of rich pins provides more information for online shoppers with real-time prices, availability, where to buy products and gets updated when you update the product page on your website
- Article Pins: Share your blog posts using article pins as it shows more information including the article title, meta description, publish date and the author name providing a clear preview to your content
- Recipe Pins: Get targeted users interesting in food-related content more engaged with recipe pins that include ingredients, cooking time and serving information
- App Pins: Increase your business app installs with app pins that provide the option to download your app without leaving Pinterest
Buyable Pins are another great advantage of Pinterest marketing as they are used to promote business products enabling customers to buy your business products without leaving Pinterest offering more flexibility for online shoppers.
Launch advertising campaigns (Promoted Pins)
The most popular digital advertising solutions are Facebook ads, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Ads, Google Display Network Ads and LinkedIn Ads but Pinterest provides cost-effective advertising solutions that increase reach, engagement and desired conversion.
Promoted Pins appears in targeted audience home feed and related search results and blends with other pins to eliminate disturbance for users when they are active on Pinterest.
To launch a successful advertising campaign on Pinterest, you should follow these steps:
- Choose the type of your advertising campaign
- Set your budget and choose favorite placements for ads
- Define your targeted audience based on demographics, interests, keywords or prebuilt audience using Pinterest Tag installed on your website
- Define the maximum bid for desired conversions like click, repine or impression
- Select the pin to be promoted and add desired referral traffic link
- Submit your ad and wait for approval
- Monitor the campaign performance through analytics
Evaluate performance using Pinterest Analytics
Your Pinterest business account will guarantee access to performance insights and analytics to measure, evaluate and improve your account performance and track audience engagement and behavior on your account, website and other social media channels once you have claimed your business website and official other social media channels.
The available metrics and insights include:
- Reach & Engagement insights for your pins
- Active audience demographics and interests
- Suggested interesting topics for active audience
- Referral traffic from other claimed marketing channels
- Content saved as pins to active users’ account from other social media channels
Analyze all generated data and reports to evaluate whether you’re achieving the desired results from your business Pinterest presence or not and which areas need to be improved.
It’s all clear now about how can Pinterest add value to your business marketing campaigns and how to start your Pinterest marketing campaign with your internal marketing team or chosen external professional marketing agency specialized in social media marketing solutions to drive the desired business goals and achieve the desired ROI.
Contact Sendian Creations today to launch your Pinterest marketing campaigns