Akk website owners want to land on the first pages of search engine results pages (SERPs). However, we must honestly admit that SEO improvement does not happen overnight as it really takes a long time to get a keyword ranked well on Search Engines, especially when don’t know how to rank on Google.
This article will outline the most fundamental SEO tips that can be applied to improve website ranking, increased traffic that will likely bring you a lot of benefits from your SEO marketing activities.
Following Google algorithm updates
Nevertheless, there are still some effective tips for you to consider to enhance your site popularity and to gain more organic non-paid traffic from the major Search engines.
Top 50 Tips to improve your website ranking
- Switch from non-www domain to www form (use 301 redirects)
- Renew your domain every few years (over 5 years is highly recommended)
- Make sure that when visitors click on the logo of your site, they are redirected back to your domain
- Get your website’s font to the standards if it is too small, otherwise, your site will be ignored by Search engines
- Unnecessary plugins are highly recommended to be removed
- Always add contact information or your contact page at the bottom of the page
- Should try to arrange your site as a sample CSS stylesheet
- Repair or remove the incorrect link, or “dead” as often in case you do not use “nofollow”
- Use alt tags for all images, especially the homepage
- Remove iframe from your site because most search engines will not index the iframe which can make the whole page containing it affected
- Create a robots.txt file for your site
- Use basic navigation map for your site
- Use the same color for all of the links
- Check the spelling in your Web content
- Format your website in a predetermined pattern
- Use at least one picture per page with an alt tag. Do not think that eliminating all of the pictures can help improve your site ranking
- Create an About page for your site
- Provide your personal information in that About me page as clearly as possible.
- Add some images into the about me page (such as logos, maps …)
- Popups should be removed from your site
- Add links to bookmarks, social networks in your articles
- Add search options for your site content
- Create a personal page for terms for your site
- Add links to personal terms at the bottom of each page
- When rewriting the URL, use “-” instead of “_”
- Add google maps into contact page (about page)
- Add internal links from page to page to create internal links
- The meta descriptions should be used separately for each page
- Check the source code and fix the errors regularly
- Do not have a link exchange page
- Add a search box at the 404 error page
- Create a sitemap for the site
- Insert a link to the sitemap at the bottom of each page
- Insert the copyright line at the bottom of each page
- Underline links on websites
- Turn off all your music and automatically running videos
- Replace the Flash animated content
- Add your site’s logo at the top of each page
- You should buy the domain .Net. Org. Biz … and redirect it to your site
- Should create a support, help or FAQ page
- Responding to a request should be done on the support or help page. Do not use email. Take them to the FAQs page if that question has been answered. You should also update the FAQ regularly
- Provide full contact information on your contact page.
- Add the tracking code for statistics (Google Analytics code) for your website on all pages
- Delete all the code automatically adjusts the size of the client browser
- Create a unique favicon for your site
- Only use email format as “… [email protected]”
- Set label attribute = “” for all forms of your site’s forms
- Place a confirmation message when logging in your website or posting articles and comments
- Update your website regularly
- Use W3C Compliant to check and fix errors that can affect the operation of the SE bots
What about the best SEO marketing strategy?
The truth is there are plenty of strategies for the improvement of your website popularity, especially if you are completely new to SEO. However, you can start slowly and enhance your knowledge day by day. Once you’ve got consideration knowledge and expertise, you can work on advanced methods to get the best results.