The benefits of event management are many for all kinds of events whether it’s a social or a business event including conferences, concerts, trade shows, sports events, charity events, business meetings, and ceremonies but it all depends on the event management solutions provider you choose.
Event management benefits for business vary based on the type of your business, the type of your upcoming event and the event management company you choose to plan, manage, execute and evaluate the event performance.
What is event management?
Event management is the process of planning the event concept and them, coming up with creative ideas & solutions for the event, discussing the allocation of dedicated budget, planning the event management process, monitoring the execution of the event and evaluating the event performance based on the predefined goals.
The benefits of event management for businesses
If your business consists of many departments including marketing and public relation departments or not, you’ll have to seek external help from an experienced event management agency to achieve the most of possible benefits including:
- Promotion of new products or services
- Achieving the desired exposure and brand awareness
- Attracting more prospects and clients from exhibitions and trade shows
- Improving brand positioning through professional events and conferences
- Creative solutions to drive the highest level of satisfaction from the guests
- Handling all permissions, permits, insurance and security concerns
- Saving valuable time, efforts and money when hiring experience event managers
- Gaining more experience for your business internal public relation and marketing teams when collaborating with professional event planning companies
- Reducing the possibility of any incidents that harm the professional atmosphere
- Reducing the stress of planning and managing your business events internally
When you attend a conference, business meeting, a sports event or even a concert, you’ll realize the importance of event management if it’s a professional event or a chaotic one with no attention to details or any kind of planning and creativity.
Corporates, government entities, charity organizations, small and medium businesses will receive exceptional value in many areas if you chose a suitable professional help to plan and manage their upcoming event.
Event Management vs. Event Planning
Event management and event planning tasks and duties may overlap but the main difference is that event planners are responsible mainly for planning every stage related to the event according to the defined schedule while event managers are responsible for all details starting from the meeting with the client till evaluating the event management process performance.
The event management experienced specialists should possess certain characteristics to succeed in their mission including:
Detail-oriented: to plan and take care of all possibilities
Good listener: to transform the client expectations to a tangible reality
Creative: to come up with new ideas and customized solutions
Flexible: to negotiate and coordinate between all parties involved
Problem solver: to handle unfortunate incidents and deviations from defined schedule
The 7 common stages of the event management process
There are several stages common for any event management process which are also required to drive the desired results from your business upcoming event including:
- Conducting a detailed discussion with the client to define main aspects (the event concept – the event theme – the target audience – location – the allocated budget – the event schedule)
- Coming up with creative solutions for the event either business or entertainment events
- Promoting the event through chosen marketing and advertising platforms (outdoor print advertisement – social media platform – TV or Radio channels)
- Coordination with all parties involved (the client – vendors – guests or audience – speakers or entertainers – government entities) to guarantee 100% organized atmosphere
- Planning all issues related to logistics and accommodation
- On-site monitoring for every step in the event execution
- Evaluating the event performance based on the client and guests or audience impression and defined goals for the event
The previously mentioned stages are common for planning and managing business events with more customized stages and steps differentiating based on your event type, targeted audience and allocated budget.
The services of event management agency
There many services and solutions customized for your business event when you choose a professional marketing agency to be responsible for planning and managing your upcoming event.
There no successful business or entertainment event without a successful marketing and advertising campaign tailored to attract targeted audience either other businesses, VIP guests or public audience.
There are many services and solution that can be provided by your chosen professional event management agency to add value to your upcoming event including:
- Designing and production of print advertisement materials (Flyers – Brochures – Billboards)
- Promotion the event through social media paid advertising campaigns
- Producing creative interesting visual content to be displayed during the event (motion graphics videos – 4K corporate videos or documentaries – Display 3D Holograms – Customized virtual reality applications)
- Producing and publishing TV or Radio ads to promote the campaign in a proper schedule and suitable channels for the targeted audience
- Branding solutions including designing a creative logo for the event, designing branded booths in events, exhibitions or trade shows
The more creativity in your event marketing campaign, the more success you will reach in attracting the target audience.
Business or social events will require taking care of many administrative issues to maintain the organized atmosphere and prevent deviation from the defined schedule which are:
- Taking care of necessary permissions, permits, insurance and security concerns
- Handling all issues related to logistics, transportation, and accommodations
- Coordination with vendors and chosen speakers, VIP guests and entertainers
- Handling catering and tickets arrangements
- Coordination with your business internal departments in each stage of the event management
When administrative tasks are assigned to individuals or event management companies with experience in handling these issues, you’ll notice the difference when everything related your event run smoothly and according to the schedule.
An agency with experience of event management for different types and scales of events will take care of each step and aspect related to your business event management including:
- Budget planning according to allocated budget and defined schedule
- Location and venues selection and negotiation for rent costs
- Choosing suitable channels to promote your event for the event target audience
- Choosing the proper speakers or entertainers based on the event nature
- Monitoring the completion of all administrative tasks according to schedule
- Monitoring the execution of the event and handling all on-site issues
- Evaluating the event success based on client satisfaction and guests or audience impressions
You should be stress-free as your chosen event management agency will take of all planning and management responsibilities according to your expectations.
How to choose an event management company?
When deciding to hire an event management company to plan and manage your business upcoming event, you should choose a professional marketing agency with previous experience in event planning and management that provides all needed management, administrative and marketing services and solutions for your event.
Check the company portfolio of many agencies before you chose one to deal with based on its success of achieving the desired goals, types and scale of previously managed events.
Contact Sendian Creations today to plan & manage your upcoming event